I know its been a long time... Oh well.
A lot has been happening in my life recently. Not big defying things..but little things that have helped me become closer to my Savior and really see the meaning in life.
I am 25, single, and I dont have my career job set in place yet. Its funny, but I am okay with that. If you were to ask me 5 years ago where I would be at 25, it DEFINITELY would not be where I am now. And it took me a while to be okay with how my life is now.
A friend put this quote on her FB wall today and it summed up what was feeling before things started to happen for the better.
"Though you may feel that no one can understand the depth of your despair, our Savior, Jesus Christ, understands. He suffered more than we can possibly imagine, and He did it for us; He did it for you. You are not alone." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
Last October i was feeling alone and discouraged. I prayed for something to happen in my life to help. Not only was my prayer answered but Christ had prepared me for what was to come. I was called to be my YSA Branches Relief Society President. I knew it was coming, the Spirit told me right before the Branch President called me in. I was scared. But its what I had been praying for so I ran with this new job.
For the short amount of time I was RS pres, never had I loved a group of girls so much (well thats a lie...Oakcrest I did but this different). I learned how to be a better leader, how to take criticism, but most importantly how to rely on the Spirit.
A couple of months later, I was given the strong impression to receive my endowments.
Wait, stop! I am not even dating anyone...so marriage is out the question..and a mission? Me on a mission....hahaha.
I knew it would be a hard process but I prayed that my leaders hearts would be softened. After many tears, heartache, happiness, and prayers I got the OK! May 7, 2011 I received my endowments and haven't yet looked back on that decision.
I LOVE the Temple! I learn something new each time I go...its helped me realize how special I am to my Heavenly Father. I knew this before....but never will I doubt that again. I could go on..but I won't for you sake
Now I am finally moved out of the parents house and learning how to be grown-up. Yes things have not played out like I thought they would..but with enough faith I know that one day I will have that career job, a husband, and those little tike's running around. Even if I have to wait somemore.. I know it will be worth it in the end.
Bring it world!
2 comments:
I love you Becca! Thanks for the inspirational post. Come visit me so we can go to the Manti temple together. I miss you!
wow! I didn't know about the RSP thing!! You are amazing, always have been, always will be!! We love you tons!!!
P.S.--about your baking craze, wish you were closer, then you could help me with K's bday cake or ideas. I really want to do something off of Bakerella's website. Have you checked it out?!
Post a Comment