I have been working at my job for over two years and have had an amazing boss who supports me. Since December one of the "heads" over the store came and took over. My boss is still great but this lady has more say than he does. Its been hard with her "taking over". I have felt so under-appreciated and I have to watch everything I do so I don't make her mad.
Honeyville has been great at working with my school schedule and giving me as many hours as they can because they know I am a poor college student. When starting Spring Semester this certain lady cut me 5 hours then about 4 weeks ago she cut me another 3 hours. She hired two new managers, one is great but I was cut hours because of the 2nd one. There is no use for this manager. Now this starts why I am writing today. I have never been so poor than I am right now. My checks are getting smaller and smaller. I am not even paying for food or rent and if I was I would be homeless. Today has been hard especially. I am a giver! I love to give! I had a baby shower to attend and I wanted to get the best most useful present but was limited to $10.00 (NOT ME! I LOVE to spend a lot on other people).
As the day has gone on I have been getting more and more frustrated! How do people do this?! Live check to check and no spending money for emergency's or just a night out? Or those who don't even have a job?! This is where I stopped myself. Everyday at my internship I see families like this, just trying to get by. They are doing the best they can to stay afloat for their family. A scripture came to mind, which is Alma 36:3
"...for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their, trials and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day".
I need to do what this scripture says. TRUST in GOD. What I am going through is trial and trouble for me but I need to rely on him to be able to get through it. No, I will not be rich once I do, but I know he won't let me fall. I need to budget my money better and spend it on the things I need the most.
Therefore, I am grateful that I have a job that helps me pay for gas, bills, and other items. Even though I cringe just thinking about going back to Honeyville for another work day, I am happy I am employed there! And hopefully another job will be waiting for me when I am done the 2nd week in June!
3 comments:
you can do hard things, bec. love ya!
I love this! And I love you! I've missed you.
Glad you're blogging again!
Ah! OC 2008's theme. . "
Power to Trust" I love this scripture alot and readying this post has sent me a nice reminder! Thanks! Love ya
Post a Comment