Friday, November 7, 2008

The need to Blog

This past week I have had the need to blog but haven't had time to actually sit down and do it! I don't really know what I am going to talk about so bare with me!

So I voted! That was fun. I had to be into work by 8 so i went at 6:35am to start standing in line (since the polls did not open till 7). I thought we would have to stand outside so i got all blunded up to bear the weather. When I got to my voting station the door was wide open with only about 12 people standing in line. They put out chairs for us to sit on, so that was nice! I did my civil duty and voted for who I thought would do the best for the U S of A and utah. I had a hard time picking who I thought would be the best for the President because I honestly did not think that we had much of a good choice. I am scared but happy to see Obama become president. When I read Sarahs blog, she mentioned how this is going to be in our history books. It kinda made me see it in a new light. I am excited for this movement but I hope people will not be let down when that "CHANGE" doesn't happen overnight.

Yesterday I got an e-mail from ILP (the people who i did Ukraine with) inviting me to go with them to the Ukraine Summer Camp. To be honest I had a HARD time in Ukraine and sometimes absolutely hated it. I was reading my journal and its kinda depressing of how much I was expressing my hatered for Ukraine. Recently I haved missed it a lot! And getting this e-mail made me think about really going back. And your thinking,"if you hated it, why would you want to go back?" Well I want to for the fact that, I want Ukraine to be good in my head. I want to go back and do the things better. When I was there a lot of what ILP told me did not get done. So if i was to go back I would make sure they were telling me all i needed to. The good thing is all i have to pay for is airfair and spending money. I would only be there for about a month and half, so it wouldn't be taking my whole summer of working.

BUT my brother and sister inlaw are moving to London (or somewhere around there) and my parents and I are going to visit them this summer. We would visit them and then go to Scotland for a belated trip for my mom. I REALLY want to do this but i don't think i could do both.
What should I do? I could go to Ukraine and meet my parents in London before or after, but that might be more money. So tell me what to do! And are you willing to donate more money for me to go to Ukraine and teach those WONDERFUL children?? :D

3 comments:

Hall Family said...

haha We'll be stingy and say "Come See US!!! :)" but I understand totally where you're coming from!

I'm sooooo glad I'm not the only one who was dissappointed in the choices. Haha I heard Super Dell was running...that's funny..

Emily said...

I say DO IT!!!

Chris said...

What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go to the land of our ancestors, too.